When designing or redesigning products we frequently face the situation when stakeholders provide an already finalised concept for UX experts and digital designers to work with.
Nevertheless, this process does not support efficient business.
If we wish to implement a rigid and finalized business concept it is highly unlikely that we will meet the users’ needs as we planned. And we will not be able to sell a product or service if it is not designed according to the user’s needs. Let’s see the advantages ofinvolving UX experts in the early stages of a product, a webpage or an application design or redesign:
- UX experts are well aware of the user’s needs therefore they can identify unnecessaryfeatures and recommend new features which would have never occurred to business people. This way, user needs will be satisfied at maximum level and the use of existing features will be easier and more appealing.
- UX experts have more experience regarding development, search engine optimisation (SEO), and design than business stakeholders and are able to communicate these considerations to stakeholders to facilitate further planning.
- Making wireframes and visualising ideas in the early stages of development can inspire marketing experts in shaping business considerations.
- Working together helps UX experts to gain a deeper understanding in business goals. They will design interfaces to support these goals and will not treat business as a nuisance and burden from which they have to liberate the users.
- Working together will also help the marketing people to understand the ideas of UX experts which will build a stronger trust in the future concepts and design plans. They will be less suspicious, and will worry less about UX experts having too intimate friendship with the users and sacrifice business interests to their happiness.