Rung András’s presentation at the E-banking summit on the 11th of October 2017.
Find below the excerpt of the presentation.
You can also download the presentation here.
WE ARE NOT YET IN THE PROMISED LAND
- Only buzzwords
- Lack of integration
- No strategy
- The risks of partial knowledge
- It is not the ignorant who measures
- International trends are ignored
- Own experiences are overvalued
HOW TO BE HUMBLE?
- Ongoing training
- Design studio és lego serious play
- Early research with a UX approach
- Extended collection of best practices
- Early involvement of developers
- Too much focus on sales
- Accumulation of autotelic functions
- Low budget in the light of ambitions
- Bad timing
HOW TO BE MODERATE?
- Context-sensitive sales
- Functions based on mental models
- Involvement of the entire team in estimating the time required for the project
- Knowledge of the time requirement of UX processes
- Methodological inconsistency
- Development based on baroque specifications
HOW TO BE SUBDED?
- Regular reviews
- Elaborated and flexible methodology
- Elimination of ad-hoc changes
- Use of style guides
- Competitive intelligence instead of own development
- Unrealistic, desire-based deadlines and KPIs
- Fear of innovation
HOW TO PRACTICE ACCEPTANCE?
- Observe users
- Experience-based design
- Explorative methodology
- Fragmented set of experiences
- Focus on new customers only
- Long-term use is ignored
- Hectic workflow
HOW TO PREVENT WRATH?
- Service design approach
- Diary-based research
- Research-based personas
- Creative environment
- There is no testing and research after launch
- Disproportionate teams
- Mistrust of new methodologies
- Internal systems without design
- In-house team with poor expertise
HOW TO BE EFFICIENT?
- Possible methodologies based on profit
- Small-scale experimenting
- Consciously building an internal team
- Working from specifications
- Waiting for miracles
- Weak senior management support
HOW TO DO OUR JOB RIGHT?
- Prepare specifications in parallel with design
- Lean UX approach
- Proper involvement of senior management
WHEN WILL WE GET TO THE PROMISED LAND?
- Integrated UX approach
- Strong dedicated team
- Flexible and broad repertoire
- Research-led design