The essence of hire a pro
When a (potential) client needs a designer, we first assess their needs. We look not only at what their expectations are, but also at what problem they actually want to solve by bringing them in. In rare cases it might turn out that the client would actually be better off had a small team with mixed skills worked on the project, or even that a classic UX-centric project would better address the problem than the original solution. In these cases, we suggest them to go with the team solution.
Once we understand the need, we can recommend specific people to fill the position or manage it on an interim basis. In the case of an interim position, our hire a pro would fill in the position and deal with the responsibilities until the right person is hired to work as a full-fledged employee.
Hire a pro at Ergomania
Ergomania has been renting our professionals since its foundation. Accordingly, we can provide workforce in a number of areas either on short- or long-term basis, in full-time or even part-time capacity. If needed, we can even deploy a full team, which can be scaled up and down depending on the intensity of the project. Our hire a pro services have been utilized by companies from all over Europe such as BNP Paribas Fortis (Brussels, Belgium), Finnoconsult (Vienna, Austria), OTP Bank (Budapest, Hungary), K&H Bank (Budapest, Hungary) and even Saatchi & Saatchi (Hungary-USA).
We also provide professional support and mentoring to our colleagues throughout the projects. If our client is not satisfied with our colleague (which has never happened before) we can provide replacement with the same level of expertise at short notice.
Our hire a pros are available in the following areas:
- UX Designer
- UX Researcher
- UI Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Product Designer
- Service Designer
- Marketing Researcher
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- UX Manager
- Product Owner
- Frontend Developer
- Backend Developer
- Fullstack Developer
Available skill levels:
- Junior (Medior or Senior management required)
- Medior (works independently, can manage 1-2 Juniors)
- Senior (works independently, can lead a team of 4-5 people)
- Strategic (can lead a team of 10-20 people, even on highly complex products)
Languages spoken at an advanced or native level:
Owing to our extensive international freelance network, we can also provide hire a pros who speak other languages if required, but lead times may be longer.
Specially available skillsets in the team:
- Fintech design
- News site design
- Listing site design
- eCommerce design
- B2B specific interfaces
- Voice control
How does it work?
The process of utilitzing hire a pro is in many ways easier than setting up a project. While a major project can sometimes take months to set up, the process of hiring a colleague can be completed in a matter of days with the right motivation.
The steps are as follows:
- Understanding our client’s expectations. If they include elements that are not necessary for success (e.g. sitebuilding skills for a UX designer), they will be removed by mutual agreement
- Providing colleagues with the right background and availability with CVs
- Our clients get to know the candidates
- The selection
- Probationary cooperation
- Long-term cooperation over months or even years
- If an employee takes over after a certain period of time, the task is handed over to them
What do our clients gain by hiring a colleague?
Our clients gain a lot more by hiring a colleague:
- Instead of searching for the right person for months, they get an experienced, proactive professional relatively quickly (within days or, in the worst case, weeks).
- Our staff are adaptable and flexible, so they pick up the pace faster than a new hire.
- Ergomania is still responsible for training and keeping the hired colleagues satisfied, so the client only has to focus on the tasks at hand instead of HR matters.
- Our hire a pros keep in touch with their Ergomania colleagues on a professional and human level while being outsourced, so there is less risk of burnout than with designers working alone or in small groups.
- Our hire a pros have more authority over the rest of the product team in most cases, so they can more easily represent important design aspects.
- Even though agency rates are higher than the salary of a newly hired colleague, when all things are considered, the difference is not as significant. The hire a pro will not need a computer, will have no notice period and there is less chance of disappointment, as he or she has been validated and trained by a strong, internationally recognised agency staff. Get Ergomania designers with solid knowledge and strong internal drive instead of candidates with an attractive CV but no real expertise.
What is our clients’ role in the recruitment process?
When hiring a hire a pro, our clients need to provide the same working environment as if they were hiring an internal employee. Of course, our colleague has a laptop, software, etc., but desks, chairs, wifi, access, badges must be provided by the client. Sounds trivial, but it often causes problems.
This is important not only to ensure that our colleagues feel comfortable, but also because without the right working conditions they are less effective. As well as providing the tools, it is critical to connect with the right people and, where the job requires it, to give them the right decision-making authority.
When is hiring a colleague successful?
Successful hire a pros allow the home staff to effectively complete their tasks at the expected pace and quality, while even helping and supporting our clients’ UX-UI professional development.
Setting expectations, Selecting a colleague, Providing access
Providing a hire a pro to meet expectations
- Client cooperation: Setting expectations, Selecting a colleague, Providing access
- Deliverables: Providing a hire a pro to meet expectations