Voice-based interface design – presentation
Rung András’s presentation at the NLP meetup on 22th February 2017.
Find below the excerpt of the presentation.
You can download the presentation here
From whom is this relevant?
- 16% illiterate
- 14% younger than the age of 6 years
- 2% visually impaired
- 10% dyslexic
- Occupied hands
- Cheap gesture
Why is it interesting?
- Alexa and Google home will shake things up
- Still before the starting line in Hungary
- Moving past IVR
- The death of VUI or GUI?
Chatting or taking care of business – From butler to friend
- Situation-dependent adaptation (task, intent)
- Co-reference and context management
- A mix of visual and voice-based solutions
- Expectation management
Sample conversations – Creating the interface’s backbone
- On-site work and interviews
- Creating successful conversation paths using diagram drawers
- Nuance Mix, Api,.ai, Wit.ai
- Creating visual screens
Constructive grammar – VUI and modern language theory?
- Wildcards and logical inputs
- Fillmore, Goldberg
- Complex opportunity management
- Three-level feedback
- Clearly: The weather in San Francisco is…
- Not a linguistic signal
- Generic: I’m sorry to hear that
- No speech
- No interpreted speech
- Processed but not managed speech
- Poorly recognised
- Beginners and proficient user management
- Assistance and correction opportunities
- Too much information: I have a headache and nausea…
- Input variation management: fridge, refrigerator, chiller, cooler, ice-box
- What is the temperature in Velence? /Call John.
- Asking back or guessing
Intentions, complex data entry
- Show me my calendar / add an event / delete event, etc.
- Emotion detection based on voice and keywords
- Nonlinear completion of complex forms
Share your opinion with us